ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Partner Marketing Manager to ramp up our partner marketing programs. You will be responsible for building and growing our partnerships with key agencies, systems integrators (SIs), and technology providers. This role requires a “jack-of-all-trades” mentality that is proactive, can create their own solutions when needed, and can work across departments and timezones.
Serving as a key player in our partnership organization, the partnerships team as a whole will play a critical role in expanding Contentful’s market reach. Forrester summed up the opportunity in their recent report, Digital Experience Platform Trends, 2017: “More than nine in ten companies use a service provider to help them build a digital experience.” We need to be involved in those projects. And it’s already happening -- digital teams at companies like RG/A and AKQA are adopting Contentful as a standard layer in their go-to-market tech stack for client engagements. Now is the time to step on the gas pedal and make them wildly successful.
- Define, develop, and execute Contentful’s Partner/Ecosystem/Channel marketing strategy
- Focus on 3 key areas:
- Market to partners to maintain a consistent flow of inbound partner interest through project managing webinars, email campaigns, and content initiatives
- Market through partners in order to help our partners bring leads to Contentful by building scalable marketing kits, sponsoring field marketing events, etc.
- Market for our partners to our customer ecosystem through project managing webinars, email campaigns, and content initiatives
- Be measured on contribution to the lead generation pipeline to/through/for partners (3 key areas above)
- Own a consistent partner communication program (monthly webinar, monthly newsletter, partner community, Partner of the Month program, etc.)
- A team builder, and know how to get multiple departments to play well together towards the same end goal
- Decisive and autonomous; with a globally-distributed team, sometimes you just need to make the call and go for it, when you can’t wait for the sun to rise for other stakeholders
- A passionate individual with a knack for solving problems and building/delivering solutions, and you’re OK with taking risks (and learning from failure)
- An entrepreneur at heart. You’re flexible and can thrive in environments that don’t have defined processes and you’re excited to help, build, launch -- and market -- minimum viable products (it’s a startup after all!)
- Humble, but your colleagues would say that you’re a game-changer and an “A player”
- A generally curious person and you love to listen and learn
- Technically oriented and understand APIs, and have an aptitude to continue learning about Contentful’s technology
- Bonus: a morning person! Our team spans San Francisco and Berlin, so there will be an occasional early morning call.
- 3+ years of direct experience building and managing partner marketing programs, or 5+ years of experience working alongside Partnership teams in related roles: marketing campaign manager, field marketing, partner development (sales/bizdev), etc.
- A successful track record of developing partner lead pipeline through webinars, email campaigns, events, and other creative programs
- Experience working for a fast-growing B2B software company, where channel sales was done in conjunction with an enterprise sales team
- Bonus: Experience working for an API-first, developer-focused company (marketing to developers and technical teams requires its own special finesse)
- Join an innovative, fast-growing tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Travel to Berlin, Germany, at the heart of Europe, both for onboarding and for other visits to Contentful’s Berlin office
- Work in our beautiful downtown space close to Embarcadero Station, complete with a fully stocked kitchen
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- An unlimited time off policy that rivals the best in Silicon Valley
- A generous education budget to support your continued professional development
- Pick and use the tools you feel comfortable with, both hardware and software
- We offer an education budget and extra days off to be spent on learning and development
- Relocation budget to support your move to San Francisco and assistance to help you settle down in your new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!