ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Contentful Developer Evangelist, you will establish strong relationships with developers to inspire and empower them deliver content to any website, app or device.
You’ll be an advocate for Contentful in the US West Coast and worldwide Developer Communities, both online (on GitHub, Twitter and the Contentful blog) and in person (at user groups, conferences and other events) by:
- Building a sense of community and belonging. You’re approachable and enjoy supporting our developers wherever they are.
- Helping to build Contentful as a technical thought leader
- Identifying partnership opportunities to grow our developer community
- Understanding the user pain and taking proactive action to help our developers become successful with Contentful
- Creating content that helps, informs and delights our users, such as tutorials, sample apps and webinars
- Working together with a team of Evangelists spanning Europe and North America
- Active member of the developer community. You educate the people around, speak at conferences or organize a meetup.
- You managed the delivery of entire projects or are interested in doing so in the future
- Happy to travel regularly and able to work irregular hours and some weekends to support user groups, conferences and other developer events.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- You are passionate: You embrace online collaboration and ensuring both your peers and your users are successful.
- You are self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritising multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Working experience with other programming languages
- Previous experience as a Developer Evangelist or Developer Advocate
- Join an innovative, fast-growing tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- We care about your work life-balance. Developer Evangelism is a fast-paced job and we make sure you take appropriate down-time
- Work in our beautiful downtown space close to Embarcadero Station, complete with a fully stocked kitchen
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- An unlimited time off policy that rivals the best in Silicon Valley
- Pick and use the tools you feel comfortable with, both hardware and software
- A generous education budget to support your continued professional development, and extra days off to be spent on learning and development
- Relocation budget to support your move to San Francisco and assistance to help you settle down in your new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!