Ranked among the "50 Smartest Companies" in the world according to the MIT Technology Review SOPHiA GENETICS is a fast-paced rapidly growing health tech company with a team of world renowned experts in the fields of technology (AI), life sciences (genomics) and information technology (data security) sectors.
SOPHiA GENETICS has developed SOPHiA™ Artificial Intelligence, the most advanced and used technology for clinical genomics. Deployed as a Software as a Service SOPHiA DDM® has connected over 500 world-leading hospitals and analyses thousands of patients’ genomics profiles each month to better and faster diagnose them.
In our mission to democratize Data-Driven Medicine, we are looking for bright, passionate and dedicated individuals to join our growing dynamic team. Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you…
Vice President Legal
The Vice President Legal acts as the most senior company legal counsel and takes the lead in advising the CEO and Senior Management on all legal matters.
- Act as the Group's primary in-house lawyer
- Advise senior management on legal implications of all major strategies, decisions and transactions
- Act as legal adviser on corporate governance and policy matters
- Provide strategic legal advice and assist in material commercial contracts negotiation
- Advise in corporate transactions and M&A projects
- Owns internal policies enforcement, including the risk management policy
- Develop key talents of the legal team
- Experience in corporate and commercial law, international legal experience a plus
- Master degree in law (Switzerland, EU and/or US)
- Bar admission
- 8-10 years of experience within the life science environment as an in-house legal counsel or equivalent experience in a law firm
- Strong analytical and efficiency driven skills with business-minded approach
- Fluent English and French mandatory
- Experience in a fast growing environment
- Tech sector background an asset
Location : Lausanne – Switzerland
Starting : March 2019
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.