Luno is a leading global cryptocurrency company operating across more than 40 countries and with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B-funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system.
What you'll do
- As a Software Engineer at Luno, you will work on solving many complicated and interesting problems
- Write server-side code for web applications
- Write backend infrastructure code for transaction processing, order matching engines, analytics, etc
- Work on diverse set of projects including web frontends, internal systems, trading, APIs, security, mobile apps
- Write impactful code that directly affects users, the company and the Bitcoin ecosystem
What you’ll need
- A work permit for South Africa if you are not a South African citizen
- A solid foundation in computer science in areas such as algorithms, data structures, distributed computing, software design
- Knowledge of technologies like SQL, Ajax, HTML, networking
- BSc/MSc/PhD in computer science or other technical discipline, or equivalent working experience
- Be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- A passion for cryptography, security and Bitcoin