About The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations is at the heart of our customers’ experience here at THG. We manufacture a wide range of sports nutrition and cosmetic consumer goods that we then despatch to our customers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Manufacturing and Distribution Centres.
We are looking to recruit a Commis Chefto improve the customer food service experience by delivering the food offer in accordance with company food quality, standards, procedures and client contractual obligations whilst operating within budget.
- Adhere to all client and company Health & Safety policies and procedures at all times e.g. Food Handling, Manual handling, Fire procedures
- Provide the highest level of customer service by demonstrating the ESS Way values and behaviours at all times to colleagues, customers and clients
- Complete, maintain and update all Food Safety and Health & Safety paperwork correctly on a continual basis to ensure full compliance
- Maintain the cleanliness of all kitchens and surrounding working areas ensuring health & safety hazards, issues, near misses & accidents are reported to your line Manager at the earliest opportunity
- Ensure food production methods and all meals are delivered to the required quality standards at the specified times to create a consistent customer experience and avoid any service failures or penalties
- Ensure all equipment and machinery is in safe working order; all faults/repairs are reported to your line Manager at the first opportunity
- Assist with the processing of orders via nominated systems by using the correct approved Compass vendors
- Check invoices and delivery notes and report any anomalies to your line Manager
- Assist with the receipt, correct storage and quality of food supply and report any concerns or observations to your Line Manager
- Ensure hot plate procedures including Food Information Regulations and Reference Intake labelling are in place and followed by the team
- Ensure the recovery and storage of food and correct labelling procedures are followed
- Follow all recipes provided to ensure full compliance with nutritional/dietary requirements
- Comply with menu cycles reporting any discrepancies to your line Manager
- Assist with conducting and monitoring all stocktaking procedures ensuring minimal risk of waste
- Attend regular training as directed by your line Manager according to the requirements of the company
- Be flexible and comply with any reasonable requests made by your line Manager including if necessary working within other units within reasonable distance