Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Optimizely, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for a new way to manage content is in the numbers: the company is rapidly growing and has raised nearly $50M from VC firms including General Catalyst, Benchmark, Balderton, Point Nine, and Trinity.
We're a fun team of over 200 people from 44 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Director of Product Management-Platform Security and Compliance, at Contentful you are ensuring that we’re delivering on the promise to be an enterprise-ready, compliant Content Infrastructure.
In close collaboration with Head of Product and the CTO you will shape strategic thinking in the area of compliance and security by managing the roadmap and participating in the design of the product development process. By being current on the cloud platforms market, our customers, our projects, and the technology, you’ll create a winning product strategy and ensure consistent delivery of value to our customers. In this position you will pair with the Engineering Director of Platform and Infrastructure, leading one of the three pillars of our Product Development Organization.
- Responsible for the the success of our product and work closely with the Director of Platform infrastructure to ensure that projects delivered meet the expected outcome
- Drive the direction of the Platform infrastructure group and ensure consistency on the security and compliance roadmap across the entire product
- Develop and evolve the practice of product management, including how we plan, how we execute and how we measure success with specific focus on how do we ensure consistency and coordination on security and compliance topics that span the entire organization
- Lead, coach and inspire a growing team of Product Managers to ensure they are successful in their role
- Help establish scope and success criteria for projects and work together with Product Managers inside cross-functional teams to identify key trade-offs and decisions to be made
- Manage and collaborate with stakeholders in Marketing, Customer Success and Sales to ensure we are aligned across the full customer journey for our personas
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and UX researchers to prioritize and balance short-term priorities and longer-term strategic needs
- Outline high level user scenarios that connects strategic initiatives with projects inside cross-functional teams
- Contribute to a PM culture that shares user insights, learnings and research findings early, often and well.
- You have a proven track record in a similar role with a focus on platform security and compliance
- You have been working with PaaS and/or SaaS for enterprises and have a good understanding of enterprise requirements when it comes to scalability, compliance and security
- You have experience working with Marketing and Sales on supporting Go-to-market strategies, for example through the creation of assets that describe and prove security and compliance
- You have experience managing other Product Managers including coaching, mentoring, and being responsible for their development
- You have grit and willingness to roll up your sleeves and be hands-on with product management responsibilities
- You make logical, cogent arguments, and are predictable rather than ad hoc
- You have an understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of various quantitative and qualitative research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Your written and verbal communication is clear and concise
- You’re entrepreneurial, you don’t need direction, you're self driven
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are able to collaborate and build consensus across different roles, organizational levels and personalities
THE GOOD STUFF
- Work with an experienced product and engineering management team
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!