Cleo is an AI assistant that helps over 600,000 people in the UK, US and Canada feel great about their money. We are a fast-growing start-up, backed by the founders of Skype, Transferwise and Zoopla.
We're looking for software engineers to help us deliver product at scale. You'll work within a bright, experienced backend team of 6 engineers and a wider engineering team of 10, which we're growing to 20+ over the next year.
What you'll work on:
- You’ll gain a broad experience of the Cleo product allowing you to discover exactly what’s happening behind the scenes when things haven’t gone as planned.
- You’ll use your software engineering skills to track-down, report and prioritise bug fixes with our development team, and write your own code to provide those much-needed tools, fix those pesky glitches and speed-up any repetitive tasks for you and your team.
- You’ll work closely with our first-line support team, our engineers, third-party service providers and directly with our customers, to bring every situation under control in an empathetic, customer-centric manner.
- You'll help develop the technical knowledge of our first-line support team with ongoing training for the complex parts of our system.
Additionally you will:
- Be responsible for assisting the other members of the engineering team to develop and maintain our internal applications.
- Aid in the full systems development life cycle from requirements capturing through to design and development.
- Monitor the technical performance of internal systems.
We're big proponents of doing the simple thing first, the 80/20 rule and writing simple, elegant, self documenting code. Here's our current stack:
- React (Typescript/ES6 classes)
- Experience developing web applications (Ruby, Python, Java etc).
- Can reduce complex problems to simple solutions consistently.
- Are excited by what we're building at Cleo; you are product-focused and care about making our users' lives better.
- Enthusiastic with a strong desire to learn and develop your skills “on the job”Excellent written and verbal communication.
This is a fantastic entry-level opportunity for a newly qualified applicant looking to move into the software industry. If the idea of cutting code and helping customers excites you, get in touch.
- Quick phone call with a member of our engineering team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo.
- Short take-home test.
- Onsite interview:
- Technical discussion with a senior engineer.
- Pairing on an interesting problem
- Meet the CEO and COO.
Cleo is a great place to work:
- An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We're prepared to pay for the very best.
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world. We recently closed a competitive Series A with Balderton who join a formidable investor base including the founders of Skype, Transferwise, Zoopla, Lovefilm, Climate corporation, SongKick and others.
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly bright and dedicated individuals every day.
- Our mission is unique. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback.