Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords and biggest names in retail. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies,’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries; so far 180,000+ brands and 1000s of landlords agree with us.
As Head of Talent, you will own recruitment and HR at Appear Here and be responsible for ensuring that we only hire the best people. Your first task will be to implement an efficient and data-driven recruitment strategy that ensures that we consistently meet our hiring goals. We tend not to work with agencies, so most of your time will be spent driving employee referrals, sourcing passive candidate and speaking to direct applicants and people in your own network. You’ll also work with existing and new hiring managers on headcount planning, as well as training them to become effective interviewers.
In addition, you'll be responsible for making sure that everyone at Appear Here is happy and looked after. This will include developing reward and recognvition schemes, maintaining internal communication and developing and advising senior management on benefits, perks and all things social.
- Communicate and drive execution of the Appear Here HR and Recruitment strategy across London, Paris and New York
- Design, implement and run a hiring process tailored to each role’s requirements using both data-driven and qualitative approaches
- Prioritise an exceptional candidate experience
- Develop a strong candidate pipeline for each role and manage throughout to ensure effective shortlisting
- Write effective job descriptions and advertise the role through all appropriate channels
- Design and position Appear Here’s brand, culture, and employer value/career proposition within the talent market
- Provide direction and advice to the management team on strategic and emerging staffing trends (e.g. remuneration and option packages)
- Manage and make recommendations on benefits and perks
- Training hiring managers and evangelising a “hiring culture” throughout the entire organisation