THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About the Division:
Technology is at the heart of the business, core to the growth and internationalisation of all brands that sit under the THG umbrella. Our platform currently supports 177 international sites, in 47 different languages and 23 payment methods. From hosting, all the way through to logistics, we power it all through efficient and scalable technology which has been developed in house! With 600 technologists globally, we are squarely focussed on bigger ideas with innovation, creativity and outside of the box thinking. We look for individuals with a passion for creating robust and cutting edge systems that help our business’ and our clients grow their ecommerce presence.
With your technical expertise you manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
- Be a highly technical, hands-on coder
- Design and develop large scale web applications.
- Build robust, highly scalable back-end systems to analyse customer data and support high volume transactions.
- Communicate across functions and drive engineering initiatives
- Define and influence product strategy
- Influence / lead projects and technical direction of the product
- Responsible for definition, design, and development of Java server-side development new features and services that will be integrated into our existing architecture
Experience with the following technologies:
- Spring Core
- Relational databases
- Continuous Integration
- Linux/UNIX experience
- NoSQL databases (i.e. Couchbase, CouchDB)
- Spring MVC, Security
- RESTful webservices
- Build tools (e.g. Ant, Maven, Gradle)