Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Optimizely, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for a new way to manage content is in the numbers: the company is rapidly growing and has raised nearly $50M from VC firms including General Catalyst, Benchmark, Balderton, Point Nine, and Trinity.
We're a fun team of over 200 people from 44 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Strategic Account Executive, you’ll be instrumental in driving Contentful’s growth through new and existing expansion revenue opportunities, customer education initiatives and leading a consultative sales process by speaking the language of professional developers, content teams and business and digital transformation leaders. Working in tandem with both our Partnerships & Customer Success teams, you’ll grow and nurture an enterprise customer base in EMEA.
- Identify, nurture and position existing client relationships into larger expansion opportunities ($200K+ ACV) on key strategic accounts in EMEA
- Manage a defined named account list of Fortune 500 & Global 2000 business prospects for initial development and engagement
- Work directly with a Business Development Manager, along with the Sales Development Representative team, to assess qualified inbound leads, conduct organizational research and identify and engage with key business stakeholders
- Along with the Sales Engineer and Solution Architect teams, you will work on resolving client’s initial, existing and potential technical challenges, while tying them directly to positive ROI business solutions and outcomes
- Refine and evolve our "land-and-expand" sales and implementation model in close collaboration with our Partnerships and Customer Success teams
- 8-10+ years of B2B SaaS sales experience in a closing role
- 5+ years of experience successfully selling complex technical software
- Demonstrated history of success in a "land-and-expand" sales model with Fortune 500 & Global 2000 clients across multiple departments/teams, partnership implementations, sales cycles and C-level relationship building, support and alignment
- Ability to understand the Contentful API and build great relationships with both highly technical and business-driven end-users, decision makers and stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- A huge plus if you speak fluent German, French, Dutch or Spanish
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!