Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 11M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. Our mission is to make our platform the place for the most vibrant communities in the world.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 100 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
Right now, we're looking for a Software Engineer to join a brand new team focusing on business operations automation. This team has a wide remit and will be tackling a varied workload, aiming to improve, augment and automate manual and inefficient processes within the business. The initial projects for the team are focused around overhauling our current abuse detection systems to provide a high level of accuracy, observability and architectural coherence, empowering our moderation teams to do more with less.
Want to find out more about Depop & our engineering team? Take a look at our blog!
We write about technology, people and smart engineering - https://engineering.depop.com/
- Experience writing systems in Scala, and ideally Python. Java developers with functional experience considered
- Experience with building and working with modern cloud architectures (ideally on AWS)
- The skills and desire to own a project end-to-end; all the way from stakeholder management and requirements gathering through to writing the infrastructure code and deployment pipelines that will deliver your code to production
- BS in CS, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with machine learning frameworks
- Experience with our infrastructure stack: Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, Postgres, DynamoDB
- Experience with streaming and data tooling - Akka, Spark, Hive, RedShift, Presto
- Scrum and Agile development methodologies