THG aims to be the World’s leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. With over 16 million customers worldwide and 400 million visits to our sites annually, we understand the importance of reliable technology and a data-driven expertise.
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
Information Security is crucial to our business and at the heart of our information security function is the SOC. You will be part of a diverse and riven team tasked with protecting THG.
- Liaising with servers/networks/virtualisation/OS and EUC teams in order to understand projects
- Understand complex technical issues and managing them within a fast-paced business environment
- Implementing security considerations and requirement early on into the development of new systems.
- Interpret guidance and policy from GRC and define security controls in line with business requirements, risk and industry best practice.
- Proactively assess systems for security weaknesses and recommend appropriate mitigating strategies
- Sourcing and implementing new security solutions to better protect the organisation
- At least 3 years' experience of a technically focused security role across a range of technologies
- Deep technical understanding of key security technologies
- An enthusiasm for staying up to date with the very latest updates about security threats and solutions
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, AD, Endpoint protection, firewalls, Proxy etc.
- No required certifications if demonstrable experience is available.
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated field such as Computing, Networking, Information Security
- Experience working as a security engineer, network engineer or alike.