**We are looking for Engineers in both Manchester and London offices**
Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 12M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. Our mission is to make our platform the place for the most vibrant communities in the world.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 100 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
Right now, we are looking for a Mobile QA Engineer with a passion for native Mobile apps and RESTful web services. As our product and customer base grows, you will be supporting us on our path towards achieving more frequent releases, increasing stability and reducing lead time.
Want to find out more about Depop & our engineering team?
We write about technology, people and smart engineering right here - https://engineering.depop.com/
- You'll be responsible for developing and executing exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality
- Ensure user stories are properly phrased and documented with acceptance criteria at all phases of development
- Write & execute functional and regression tests (Manual Testing)
- Maintain our regression suite of automated acceptance tests
- Constantly looking for ways to expand and improve on our current automation framework and workflos
- Estimate, prioritise, plan, and coordinate testing activities with onshore and offshore testers
- Ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system
- Work closely to software engineers and product managers throughout all development of new features and bug fixes to guarantee that all functional and non-functional requirements are met
- Ensure all products and services have been thoroughly regression tested prior to release
You are someone who:
- Loves working in an agile, collaborative and dynamic environment
- Values human interaction and face to face communication
- Wants to make an impact every single day
- Values pyramids over ice-cream cones
- Despises flaky tests
- Knows what constitutes useful automation, and how to write it
- Wants to innovate in the technical space, and tells the world about it
- Is not afraid to experiment with new technologies and is keen to explore
Now we're talking. We have a relaxed atmosphere where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team. There are perks of course. We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme, healthy snacks in the kitchen, finish early Fridays, team nights out, yoga, meditation and more. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.