Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies’, Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries, and so far 100,000+ brands and thousands of landlords agree with us.
As a part of our Product team, you will be a key part of continuously improving our existing applications, and bringing new features to life. You’ll use data to build the best experiences for our brands, landlords and in-house concierge team. You’ll drive us towards the right solutions and passionate in solving challenges with creative solutions.
- Using data to build solutions to business critical problems
- Participating in interesting projects such as:
- Building new tools and recommendation engines to help match brands to their perfect short-term retail space
- Intelligent CRM so that everyone gets the best service possible
- There were a bunch of other exciting projects here that had to be deleted because we haven’t announced them yet. Needless to say, they’re going to be epic and game changing.
- Advocate for an analytic and data driven perspective across the company by providing ad hoc analytics and experimentation support
- Find creative solutions to big problems, setting up the future of data science at Appear Here
- Experimenting with new tools and technologies to produce cutting-edge solutions to business problems
We’re looking for a mid to senior level candidate who has:
- 2+ years experience building data science and algorithmic solutions in a product environment
- Strong skills in Python or R (Python preferred)
- Familiarity with machine learning packages like pandas, sci-kit learn and visualisation tools like ggplot2 or matplotlib
- Strong Knowledge of SQL
- You have opinions and want to do the right thing; we want you to own the product, and care about the direction it goes in
- Experience collaborating with technical and nontechnical stakeholders
A good understanding of any of the following would be a bonus:
- Economic theory and market dynamics
- Marketing and attribution analytics
- Forecasting/Time Series Analysis
- Looker/Tableau experience
- Ruby, AWS, Docker