Tab helps tourist businesses take bookings and get paid.
We make tools for places like hostels, boutique hotels, dive schools and surf lodges that simplify their lives, help them compete with bigger outfits and make their customers happy! Our goal is to boost local tourism, while helping backpackers and independent travellers make the most of their precious time abroad.
Our experienced team have backgrounds in startups and finance and founded Tab whilst in Y Combinator in 2015.
What are we looking for?
We're searching for a full-stack engineer to join us in our central London office (near Oxford Circus), to work across our entire platform, from public-facing web apps, to internal tools, APIs, third-party systems & services.
We also write in Swift, Java and React Native for our mobile apps.
We want to find someone who:
- is excited by the chance to build something new as part of a small team at an early-stage startup within a fun market
- has experience with Unix, git, Postgres (SQL & ORM) and Redis
- thinks every good feature deserves a unit test or two
- believes in refactoring (because tomorrow will come)
- has opinions on product design
You should have years of software development experience across backend systems and the web. Experience with smartphones and other platforms is a bonus.
Tab is based in central London, so you must have the existing right to work within the UK (we cannot currently sponsor a work visa), but there will be opportunities to travel to exciting places to experience the product and meet users.
What will you be working on?
- Tools for small business owners that really care about what they do, and the travellers they meet
- Cross-platform development, on the web and across a big range of mobile devices
- The next generation of fraud detection, focussing on the specific issues of the travel market
- Reliable systems that have to work all over the world 24/7
- Scaling for expansion!