THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
THG is looking to recruit a Logistics Executive with 1-2 years' experience in Logistics to organise shipments in and out of our Distribution Centres. Your primary focus will be to ensure that stock is delivered to and from the warehouses by couriers in a timely fashion, so that customer orders can be fulfilled accurately and on time. You will work with external freight forwarders and 3rd Party Logistics companies to ensure that inbound and outbound transport for THG is delivered in as efficient and cost efficient manner as possible. This is an exciting but challenging role with excellent scope for progression.
You will be based at our offices in the NW UK (in Northwich - just south of Manchester / Manchester Airport).
- To ensure that logistics transport and delivery solutions are provided to meet with targets set by the business by driving strategic initiatives
- To develop new partners in both emerging and developed territories
- To optimise and drive efficiencies of existing delivery lanes
- To work with centralised functions efficiently to ensure that any tasks that involving or affecting carriers – including payments, Customer Services , IT & Tech , Marketing Opportunities are executed efficiently and in a timely fashion.
- To optimise the mix of costs and service in line with the business expectations
- To continuously and sustainably ensure that THG’s customers experience the best possible service from our partners
- To carry out this role effectively you will need to have a good understanding of current network and key partners for Asia and capability to negotiate service deliverables and cost savings
- You will also be required to arrange BD meetings with senior counterparts from all our supply network in relation to delivery
- Arrange air transport for urgent and high-value freight and managing the risk door to door
- Deal with special arrangements for transporting delicate cargos
- Maintain communication and control through all phases of the journey
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight
- Ensuring the business is compliant with regulations relevant to Logistics
- To develop the relationship between technology and seamless logistics
- To develop excellent working relationships with our global 3PL’s
To be considered for this role you will need to have
- Excellent communication skills - you will be liaising with a variety of people
- Clarity in communication, as major problems could arise through inaccuracies
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Good geographical knowledge
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Problem-solving ability, particularly when working under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience working in the Transport and Delivery side of Logistics, with international freight forwarders and 3PL partners plus a good understanding of logistics and e-commerce
You will also need to be based within a reasonable commute of our offices in the North West UK.