Lyst is a Global Fashion Search Platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience.
At Lyst we work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the Impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
We are looking for a Product Design Lead to join the team in our London office. You will shape and lead on the design of products that communicate our vision and help people shop from over 11,000 designers and 8 million products.
You will bring leadership and direction to Design and be responsible for developing and managing the processes, controls and governance required to deliver these outcomes. You'll also be responsible for overseeing the resolution of complex design decisions across Lyst.
You will be in charge of design from concept through sketches and prototypes all the way to delivery and execution. You will have a strong aesthetic sense, an intuitive understanding of interface and UX design and be comfortable leading and mentoring Product Designers.
You will be an advocate within the company for the user & help the company develop a stronger sense of design thinking.
- The implementation of design and brand in support of Lyst’s Product strategy as well as the artistic direction of Lyst’s digital products
- Building and scaling a user-first design team to support our Product organisation
- Guiding and coaching a team of 5, comprised of Product Designers and User Researchers
- Supporting product by designing the UX and UI of products, releases, features
- The integration of Lyst’s brand and values into its design and aesthetics
- Responsible for designing Lyst’s technical design systems and design infrastructure in order to easily scale design across products
- Championing design across the entire organisation in conjunction with our Marketing and Product organizations
- Promoting and managing design on behalf of the business outside of Lyst
Our ideal person is someone who will:
- Have hands-on experience leading the design of complex digital products, working directly with Engineers & Product Managers — we love collaborating, and need someone who shares this belief!
- Have a strong portfolio of digital products, with real things live in the world. Got the full worts-and-all case study, with sketches, prototypes, and the ideas that didn’t make it? Even better!
- Have experience taking multiple inputs — user research, live data, commercial needs — and turning them into elegant experiences that fit the context of the project.
- Have great communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate complex ideas to people who ‘speak design’, and people who don’t.
- Have an active role in the design community, or experience mentoring other designers.
If you’re unsure if you fit the bill, apply anyway! You don’t need a degree for this role.