A LITTLE ABOUT US 🤔
From clunky apps to hidden fees, banking is broken. So we decided to build a company from the ground that would challenge the bigger players and reinvent how people interact with their money — for the better.
Traditional banks are slow and expensive. Realistically, you’re nothing but a number to them with dollar signs attached. So, one continent at a time, we plan on changing this.
This may sound a little salesy, but we’ve signed up more than 3m customers without spending a single penny on marketing. It’s simple really: if you solve an everyday problem, you don’t need to spend a gazillion dollars on fancy marketing campaigns.
OUR CULTURE 👫
To put it bluntly — it’s about getting it done and owning what you do. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or set up bureaucratic processes. Instead we treat our people equally, fairly and give them a ton of freedom and autonomy to create something awesome.
We make mistakes, we learn from them and we back everything up with data and logic.
In three years, we’ve grown to over 600 people and we’re adding around 30 new additions each month. From engineers to marketers, we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business and get Revolut in the hands of millions of people everywhere.
WE LOOK FOR RADICALLY BETTER 🚀
When you join Revolut, it’s not just another job. You’ll have the chance to build something that really matters, with a team that will become like family to you. We’ll give you the freedom and tools to bring your absolute best, and the opportunities will be limitless.
We look for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and back everything up with data. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake.
Armed to the teeth with technology, we are diving deeper into the world of traditional banking, showing a lost generation that things can be done better. Things can be different. From tearing down financial borders to mending the broken trust, we are the disruption that is needed.
This is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of the credit product from a legal and regulatory perspective. Our innovative approaches to payments, coupled with an increasingly complex and demanding legal and regulatory environment, provide robust career opportunities for lawyers motivated and driven by a fast paced, cutting edge culture. If you’re a high calibre, experienced and energetic solicitor, with experience in financial services regulation and payment technologies, join our legal team at our headquarters in London.
We are seeking a counsel to join Revolut’s Legal Department to be Revolut’s primary credit legal advisor for our upcoming credit products. This role will report directly to General Counsel.
Counsel will provide general-level support to the Legal Department on a variety of credit-related matters.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING ✍️
• Helping to advise on SME and consumer credit-related issues and launch any new credit-related products in the UK and Europe
• For all regulated activities, ensure that appropriate regulatory policies, procedures and controls are established, maintained and well documented
• Provide guidance and support to business partners and senior management
• Manage and coordinate any regulatory examinations, including written responses
• Analyze changes to regulatory requirements and proactively handle regulatory developments
• Review new and updated marketing materials in relation to financial promotions assessments
• Navigate complex regulatory frameworks to design innovative financial products and services
• Identify and draft necessary changes to the firm’s systems and procedures to meet the requirements of new rules/regulations
• Draft agreements, policies and procedures, disclosures, account documentation and website materials
• Research securities and brokerage questions and provide legal analysis and recommendations
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR📖
• Strong experience in advising clients on consumer credit matters (past experience drafting consumer loan agreements, SECCIs and debt collection policies is a big plus)
• Someone who knows their way around the FCA Handbook, in particular around CONC
• Strong client-service and customer orientation and strengths in forming good working relationships
• High degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness
• An enthusiasm and drive for delivering results
• Strong analytical skills and an ability to demonstrate sound legal and business judgment, even in ambiguous situations
• Ability to work independently and also contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Excellent organizational skills, and an ability to manage multiple projects at once, to meet deadlines
• Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humour
• Thrives working in a fast-paced, high pressure, entrepreneurial environment
• Work hard but have a lot of fun doing it!
• Excellent academic and law firm credentials
• Hold a current practicing certificate
• 2+ years of strong experience as a private practice lawyer dealing with financial services at a top law firm (and preferably) some in-house experience as well
• Deep knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements (you know your way around CONC and the Consumer Credit Act)
• Excellent English skills (written and oral) are a must
WE LOOK AFTER OUR OWN 🎁
• We pay market value and offer equity as a bonus
• We’ll arm you with all the latest tech (Macbooks, monitors, the lot)
• Private medical insurance and pension plan
• Free gym membership and cycle to work scheme
• Free dinner if you’re working late (Deliveroo)
• Free Revolut Metal subscription
Please only submit an application for one posting.