**We are looking for a Senior Scala Engineer in both Manchester and London offices**
Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 12M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. Our mission is to empower creative minds by making our platform the place for the most vibrant communities in the world.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 100 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
Depop is a rapidly scaling business and we’re on the hunt for a Senior Scala Engineer to join our Tech team.
Our Scala engineers are passionate about creating great software from their local environment through to production. We love functional programming and hope you do too.
Want to find out more about Depop & our engineering team? Take a look at our blog!
We write about technology, people and smart engineering - https://engineering.depop.com/
- Work closely with Product Managers, Designers, Front-End and other Backend Developers to understand problems and to design solutions.
- Produce high quality code which is well-structured and simple to understand which will be used by over 500,000+ active daily users
- Embrace agile methodologies and engage in a culture of continuous improvement by attending events such as book club, functional meet up, blameless post-mortems, architecture review, war games, hack days
- Collaborate on a daily basis with fellow developers to solve problems and write code
- You’ll own your code through its entire lifecycle, including deployment to production
- Significant experience with Scala and its ecosystem of libraries
- Experience building performant, scalable apps for serving RESTful content or processing/ingesting data
- Experience working with RDBMS, ideally Postgres
- Ability to proactively find and solve complex problems independently
- A desire for continuous learning in software architecture, functional programming or other relevant disciplines.
- Experience with the Play framework, Kinesis and DynamoDB
- Experience with event driven architectures, preferably using RabbitMQ
- Experience deploying code to production
- Experience in using production AWS infrastructure, ideally with Terraform
- Contribution to open-source libraries
- Tech blog posts
- Degree level knowledge of Computer Science or related technical field.