Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 12M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. Our mission is to empower creative minds by making our platform the place for the most vibrant communities in the world.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 100 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
Right now, we’re looking for an experienced, passionate individual to join our team as a Scrum Master. You'll be a key member of the Depop Tech team, supporting their Agile implementations, facilitating coordination and developing our strategic team processes. Our Engineering team is experiencing rapid growth and we’re always improving our agile processes to keep up with this exciting expansion.
Want to find out more about Depop & our engineering team? Take a look at our blog!
We write about technology, people and smart engineering - https://engineering.depop.com/
Supporting our development teams:
- Facilitating Agile events for one or more teams as a servant-leader
- Helping teams to break work down into epics and stories to enable iterative delivery
- Coaching our product managers and development teams in Agile and lean methods and techniques
- Coaching and mentoring individuals in their personal development
- Helping teams identify and remove impediments, especially risks and dependencies, in the short and long term
- Helping teams to track key metrics for continuous improvement (velocity, cycle time, throughput) and to plan large pieces of work.
Coordinating across teams:
- Identifying cross-team dependencies and impediments and taking actions to resolve them
- Facilitating communication across teams and functions
- Attending and contributing to cross-team roadmapping sessions
- Facilitating the prioritisation of service teams’ work with key stakeholders.
Evolving our agile processes:
- Constantly identifying opportunities for continuous improvement within and across teams
- Driving the adoption of agile engineering practices
- Producing and running internal training courses
- Developing and implementing strategic plans on hiring, onboarding and personal development for our engineers
- Fostering a creative and supportive environment, ensuring that our processes enable our teams and individuals.
- A passion for agile and lean software development and continuous improvement. You’ll be able to prove a broad knowledge of agile methods and techniques as well as a constant desire to improve your own understanding. You’ll need a solid foundation in agile and lean principles.
- Experience working as a full time Scrum Master, Agile Coach or similar role.
- Experience with both Kanban and Scrum applied as the primary methodologies on different teams
- Experience in supporting a team to deliver increments of working software in a regular sprint cycle.
- Experience in identifying and effectively implementing continuous improvements
- Excellent skills in facilitation, coaching and mediation. You’ll have a natural talent for working with others and acting as a servant-leader.
Nice to have:
- Experience as a software developer or a good foundational knowledge of systems interactions (APIs, microservices, layered architecture…)
- Experience delivering training
- Experience working in a mobile first environment or a startup environment
- Scrum, Kanban or similar certifications