Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 12M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. Our mission is to empower creative minds by making our platform the place for the most vibrant communities in the world.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 130 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
Right now, we’re on the hunt for a Product Manager to run one of our cross functional teams with critical strategic remits, such as payments, internationalisation, and community.
As one of London’s fastest growing tech companies, and an increasingly global business, we need an excellent product person who’s excited to take a meaningful role in shaping our product management organisation as it continues to scale. You’ll report directly to the Head of Product, and will have the opportunity to work with an innovative and multi-skilled team.
Deciding what to build:
- Developing a product strategy that maximises the value you can deliver to the business and our users based on the resources you have at your disposal
- Prioritising the features so that you deliver the highest impact features first, without losing sight of the long term vision
- Basing your decisions in rigorous analysis and a deep understanding of our users and business processes
Owning how we build it:
- Taking responsibility for the team delivering features on time and at quality
- Removing obstacles to the team proactively, and making sure the team functions effectively
- Designing features that are simple, intuitive and beautiful
Keeping everyone aligned and informed:
- Aligning with the leadership team on their priorities and strategic goals
- Keeping all stakeholders informed about team direction and progress
- Motivating the team and giving them the context they need to reach their potential.
- Beginner’s Mindset is one of our core values. We’re a learning organisation, and a group of people that thrive on getting better every day. Your curiosity and thirst for knowledge are more important than what you know already
- Resilience. We’re scaling really fast. The things that we do today won’t work tomorrow. You need to be comfortable with the rate of change we’re going through, and excited by the opportunities that affords
- Great commercial awareness. You think constantly about driving business results, and base your decisions in data, user interviews, and rigorous analysis
- A strong sense of ownership and be highly organised. You create order in the world around you and get huge satisfaction from delivering the highest quality features
- Excellent communication skills. You are logical, articulate, and can work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders.
Things that would be useful, but are not essential:
- A love of fashion, especially if you’ve been a member of the Depop community for some time
- Experience working on marketplaces or in e-commerce
- Experience working on in a mobile first environment or on social products