Luno is a leading global cryptocurrency company operating across more than 40 countries and with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B-funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system. 🚀
This is an amazing opportunity to join a fun, smart finance team and make an immediate impact by supporting our domestic and international tax functions as well as the broader Finance function.
- Be the primary corporate tax manager, responsible for various direct and indirect tax compliance related matters including preparation and/or review of monthly, quarterly and annual tax returns across multiple jurisdictions
- Interact with tax bureaus on accounting and tax filing matters, with assistance from professional service providers
- Review and track monthly regional tax calculations, tax returns, and submissions, working closely with outsourced service providers in each region to ensure that all tax filings are done on time and in a cost effective manner
- Manage statutory reporting, tax filings and other compliance requirements, as well as foreign exchange compliance
- Collaborate with other functions and regional teams on various projects upon request
- Assist with tax controversy matters and or investigations, international transfer pricing developments, including review and tracking of international tax reserves and audits
- Assist with monthly income tax account reconciliations for all international entities, working closely with each regional team
- Research international tax technical and tax reporting updates and prepare tax memoranda as needed, assisting regional leaders with decision making as it impacts the performance and reporting in the region
- Assistance with local business registrations and tax audits (as needed)
You’ll enjoy this role if you have:
- Strong international tax operations knowledge and familiarity with tax issues for a multinational technology company
- 4-5 years experience with local and international tax
- A Bachelor's Degree in Tax or an equivalent qualification
- A high level of initiative, teamwork, urgency, accountability and integrity
- No qualms about working independently in a high growth, constantly changing, fast-paced environment
- Results driven with h
- with strong sense of ownership
- Excellent administrative, interpersonal and communication skills with attention to detail
- An existing, valid work visa for South Africa, if not a South African citizen
What else will you get out if it?
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn more about, and work at the cutting edge of cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging and developed markets, and scaling a global business. Some of our benefits include free lunch, access to free online learning, a truly global experience and the autonomy to conceive and execute projects. Best of all, you get to work with a diverse team of talented, ambitious and friendly people who share the vision of upgrading the world to a better financial system.