We are looking for a Data Associate to join our Data team in Cape Town.
What we do:
We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin and Ethereum, offering three core products:
- Luno Wallet: Cryptocurrency conversion, storage, and consumer payments
- Luno Exchange: Professional cryptocurrency trading platform
- Luno Enterprise: Open API’s, institutional investors, merchant integration
- You’ll be part of a team of skilled and passionate people on a serious mission to upgrade the world to a better financial system!
- We are series B funded, raised over $13m in funding since launch, and backed by the Naspers Group, Digital Currency Group, Venturra Capital, Balderton Capital, and Rand Merchant Investment Holdings.
- Our customer base spans 40 countries and is currently spread across three continents - Europe, Southeast Asia, and Africa.
- Committed to workplace diversity, we now have over 250 employees with 26 different nationalities, 40% of whom are female, with offices in London, Singapore, Cape Town, Kuala Lumpur, Lagos, and Jakarta.
The role in a nutshell: You will apply the scientific method to generate and test hypotheses to solve business needs through the use of data and analytics, including the use of machine learning, data visualisation and other data reasoning methods.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the natural sciences or technical fields such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or Economics.
- At least 1-year experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of relational databases and use of SQL
- Advanced coding skills in Python, R, or similar programming languages
- Conversant in a data science domain specific language (DSL) such as tidyverse in R and pydata tools in Python
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong foundation in statistics
- Knowledge of machine learning
More in-depth info of what you’ll do:
- Provide business with reports and dashboards on key performance metrics.
- Translate business requirements into analytical objectives.
- Generate hypotheses and design experiments to test hypotheses.
- Hack through problems using advanced data analysis to provide insights and recommendations to business.
- Apply advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques in addressing business needs.