We are looking for Data Analysts to join our Data team in Cape Town.
What we do:
We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin and Ethereum, offering three core products:
- Luno Wallet: Cryptocurrency conversion, storage, and consumer payments
- Luno Exchange: Professional cryptocurrency trading platform
- Luno Enterprise: Open API’s, institutional investors, merchant integration
- You’ll be part of a team of skilled and passionate people on a serious mission to upgrade the world to a better financial system!
- We are series B funded, raised over $13m in funding since launch, and backed by the Naspers Group, Digital Currency Group, Venturra Capital, Balderton Capital, and Rand Merchant Investment Holdings.
- Our customer base spans 40 countries and is currently spread across three continents - Europe, Southeast Asia, and Africa.
- Committed to workplace diversity, we now have over 250 employees with 26 different nationalities, 40% of whom are female, with offices in London, Singapore, Cape Town, Kuala Lumpur, Lagos, and Jakarta.
The role in a nutshell:
Using a disciplined approach to data analysis, you will provide visibility on performance metrics across various functional teams by building dashboards, interpreting and providing actionable insights to answer business needs.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the natural sciences or technical fields such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering and Economics.
- Basic knowledge of relational databases and use of SQL
- Familiarity with writing code in Python, R, or similar programming languages
- Good verbal and written communication skills
More in-depth info of what you’ll do:
- Build dashboards on key performance metrics.
- Translate business requirements into analytical objectives.
- Hack through problems using the scientific method to provide insights and recommendations to business.
- Collaborate with product functional teams in using data to help improve product performance.
- Conduct research to answer business questions.