We're looking for a Business Development Manager to join the Commercial team in our London office who are focused on bringing the best of early stage businesses to the Crowdcube platform. This is the perfect opportunity for a passionate individual to help us shape the world of start-up finance and have a real impact on entrepreneurs' lives.
Who we are:
Crowdcube is the world's leading equity crowdfunding platform. We enable everyday investors to invest alongside Europe’s venture capitalists and professional investors in start-up, early stage and growth businesses; in doing so we're enabling entrepreneurs to raise the funds they need to grow their businesses.
We have experienced year on year growth since 2011 with over 700,000 registered investors, and over 700 businesses from the UK and around the world successfully funded on the platform, including Brewdog, Monzo, Revolut and many more.
What you will be doing:
As Business Development Manager at Crowdcube, reporting into our CCO, you will have the opportunity to speak to amazing founders and entrepreneurs from around the world and to educate them about crowdfunding and the fundraising process on our platform. Day to day you will:
- Generate leads for new investment opportunities, either through cold outreach, tapping into your network for referrals, or through our marketing activities.
- Build and maintain relations with startup founders and management teams in order to gain an understanding of their business and funding requirements.
- Collaborate with colleagues from across the business, including partnerships and marketing, to improve processes and provide feedback.
- Cultivate a thorough understanding of the alternative finance/startup/funding industry and keep abreast of significant developments in the space.
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, conferences, subscriptions to online courses, and participation in hackathons. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £35k + commission (OTE £45-50k depending on performance)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA
- Life Insurance Scheme
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training budget per year!
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings and bi-monthly company socials.
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (this year’s fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling, BBQs)