At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. Our membership in the prestigious Future Fifty and 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and New York. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (SkyScanner, Matches Fashion).
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, entrepreneurial and occasionally kooky makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.
We are looking for an operations/site reliability engineer to join our team and help build LoveCrafts. LoveCrafts already has devops culture: We run a number of product teams, which write and manage their products and features. Each team is responsible for the code and tests they write and participate in the on-call rota. We continuously deploy a number of applications into AWS, using many managed features as well as using open source products and tools.
You will be working on building, maintaining, and improving our the cloud architecture and config management that the teams use to run Lovecrafts. You will work with the product teams to help them make the best use of the platform’s capabilities and will identify and drive the build-out of new capabilities where needed.
You will build, maintain and improve the tools that we use to deploy and operate the software that we build. This includes automated builds and deployments, system monitoring, logging and alerting, automatic scaling, and more.
Our product team shares an on-call rota. You will also be apart of this, and although they are quiet, you will help to continue growing our automation tooling in response to events.
You should apply if
- You believe that devops is not a role.
- You have experience building and maintaining devops automation and tooling.
- You have experience managing and deploying Puppet config management.
- You have experience running software in AWS or other PaaS/IaaS offerings.
- You communicate proactively, and enjoy working with people from multiple disciplines.
- You’ve seen good (and bad) infrastructure, and have opinions about what works and what doesn’t.
- You like to automate things as much as possible.
- You're interested in security, developer tooling, and open source.
- You live in timezone that's within 3 hours of GMT or are willing to adjust your schedule accordingly if you apply to work remotely.
What we're offering
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience
- Benefits (medical insurance, healthy living allowance, English classes, social events)
- Smart colleagues and supportive team
- Working environment that values technical excellence
- Freedom to make your own decisions and to get stuff done
- Opportunity to build a world-class, innovative social commerce platform