Cleo is an AI assistant that helps over 900,000 people in the UK, US and Canada feel great about their money. We are a fast-growing start-up, backed by the founders of Skype, Transferwise and Zoopla.
We're looking for a truly exceptional technical leader to drive Cleo to the next stage of its development. You should be an outlier in building, running, and getting the most out of world-class engineering teams. You should either have done it before (scaled a rapidly growing tech startup) or are ready to take on that challenge as the next step in your career.
This is a hands-on, high-profile role that will be pivotal in the company's future success. You'll get to lead a world class team and work on a product used religiously by hundreds of thousands of customers every week.
What you’ll be doing:
You'll lead 2-week long sprints with goals aligned to overall quarterly targets; manage and coach technical leads across backend, frontend and data science; and write exemplarily code and define our future architecture.
Some of our core product objectives are:
- Natural Language Processing: making Cleo indistinguishable from a human financial assistant.
- Transaction Enrichment: understanding and perfectly categorising all banking data Cleo receives.
- Investments: building the future of automated once click investments with Cleo.
- Trading: free stocks and share trading at the tap of a button.
- Overdraft protection: one of the most insidious financial products - we're working on a way to stop users being ripped off by egregious charges.
- Rewards: shop at your favourite merchants to get instant cashback.
- Insights: learn about your spending in real time to help you achieve your financial goals.
- Savings: From automated savings to goals to budgeting, Cleo makes it easy to save more money.
- Core Platform: Scaling to millions of active users. We need great engineers constantly improving our infrastructure and peering round the corner.
- Ruby on Rails
- Python (ML)
- Amazon Sagemaker
- are a Ruby developer with at least 6 years’ experience in a backend role.
- can reduce complex problems to simple solutions consistently.
- enjoy making those around you better engineers.
- are excited by what we're building at Cleo; you are product-focused and care about making our users’ lives better.
Advantageous, but not essential;
- Experience with React
- Experience scaling platforms growing at pace (Postgres / Rails)
- Quick phone call with a member of our engineering team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo.
- Short take-home test.
- Onsite interview:
- Technical discussion with a senior engineer
- Pairing on an interesting problem
- Meet the CEO/COO