At GoCardless we’re looking to scale from processing nearly £5 billion a year to over £10 billion. Our vision is to create a global connected payments network, making payments simpler on the internet no matter what country you're in or what software you are using.
As we expand both domestically and globally, our go-to-market strategy becomes ever more critical, ensuring we’re crafting the right messages and positioning for each audience both internally and externally.
We’re looking for an ambitious, smart and motivated digital marketing executive to help us drive new customer acquisition in our English speaking markets through digital channels.
You will assist planning and implementing our digital marketing activities in our English speaking markets to introduce GoCardless and Direct Debit to a relevant audience. Your key focus markets will be the UK, Australia, New Zealand and North America. You’ll work with our digital marketing team, our digital agency and local country marketing managers to develop strategy and prepare digital ad campaigns to ultimately deliver a stream of quality leads and customers.
You’ll be hands-on, helping managing each of the core digital channels. Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with the digital marketing manager, local country marketing managers and campaign managers to define strategies and tactics for online acquisition in relevant markets.
- Create digital media plans for our global demand generation campaigns to drive both signups (for a small business audience) as well as leads and opportunities (from medium sized to large businesses).
- Work with our digital marketing agency to implement always-on and campaign activity throughout all our digital channels.
- Launch our first global enterprise campaign on LinkedIn in North America.
- Build out A/B audience tests to optimise campaigns for conversion.
- Work closely with our design team to prepare engaging creative (images and videos) to support themes and campaigns.
- Create compelling ad copy for new digital campaigns.
- Research new digital channels and platforms to test from content marketing to programmatic.
- Use analytics tools including GA and Looker to gain a deep understanding for each channel’s performance and consolidate those findings in weekly and monthly reports.
We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop ambitious people that share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and there will be significant scope for you to develop and expand your role as our team continues its rapid growth.
The ideal candidate
- You have worked on digital demand generation campaigns for a B2B company before
- You have at least two years of hands on digital marketing experience at an agency or inhouse
- You know your way around all the relevant ad platforms including Google AdWords, Facebook Business Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, DoubleClick Campaign Manager & more
- You’re fluent in English - any additional languages are a plus
- You’re analytical, numerate and very familiar with Excel and Google Analytics
- You’re a critical thinker and like to ask lots of questions
- You have a strong interest in online marketing and keep up to date on new developments via different blogs and podcasts
- You are incredibly organised and have impeccable project management skills
- You are not afraid of hands on work in a fast paced environment