Based Ichikawa City, Chiba Prefecture.
About The Hut Group:
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
THG is looking to recruit an Operations Executive, based in Tokyo area Japan, to ensure that Myprotein stock reaches our warehouse and is then despatched to customers efficiently and effectively so that customers have an excellent experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with external and internal stakeholders to manage and continuously improve operational processes for Japan
- Be updated on the latest policy changes to general import process and compliance topics specific to relevant product categories (food, clothing, etc)
- Ensuring that all inbound deliveries arrive safely and efficiently and all outbound deliveries are despatched in line with customer expectations
- Working with customer support teams to ensure effective and accurate communications to customers in the region
- Owning and tracking the process from customer order to delivery in Japan
- Track SLAs of external and internal stakeholders
- Creating, reporting and analysing metrics used for tracking operational performance
- Handle customer queries when requested
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate that you have
- Experience managing imports into Japan (ideally food) plus good understanding of customs documentation required and freight forwarding and courier solutions for the region.
- Fluent in English and Japanese and an excellent communicator
- Capable of analysing data and providing detailed report in MS Excel with recommendations
- Ability to work in super-fast paced, reactive e-commerce environment
- Good at networking and building relationships
- Ability to solve problems and cope with ambiguity and change
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme