GoCardless is building a new global network for recurring bank-to-bank payments. We’re cutting out the intermediaries and linking together direct debit schemes from around the world to create a simple way of collecting payments directly from customer’s bank accounts.
Our app powers recurring payments for companies like the Financial Times, Thomas Cook and Nutmeg. It also enables partners including QuickBooks, Xero and Sage to help small businesses to save countless hours spent chasing customers for payments. We currently process more than £3 billion each year for thousands of organisations across the UK and
Europe - and we’re growing over 100% year on year.
We’re London-based, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital, Passion Capital and Y Combinator.
You will be responsible for two main deliverables
- The definition and implementation of core marketing processes that enable our teams to work efficiently across campaign creation, execution, optimisation and measurement.
- The delivery of key marketing projects that accelerate our growth across our operational territories.
- To drive operational efficiencies within existing marketing processes to enable us to scale at speed.
You’ll be hands-on working within the Marketing Operations function, working directly with our CMO and will be well versed in delivering multi-stakeholder projects to their successful conclusion. You’ll work in a cross-functional role deploying programmes that interlink different departments including Marketing, Sales, Product and Business Intelligence.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building and implementing a marketing process that will enable all our functions to work together seamlessly both here at headquarters and around the world.
- Implementing a Global / Local process that seamlessly delivers marketing to audiences around the world.
- Driving cross-functional cross-company programmes that link marketing across the business.
- Assessing the program's performance whilst optimising to maximize ROI.
- Develop and controlling deadlines, budgets and activities of marketing programmes.
- Applying change, risk mitigation and resource management of programmes deployed.
- Resolving projects’ higher scope issues and ‘bottle necks’.
- Preparing reports for program directors and senior stakeholders on project outcomes.
The Ideal Candidate:
- An internationally recognised Project Management Qualification (Prince2, APM, PMI etc.).
- Experience having delivered successful pan geo marketing programmes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven stakeholder management skills and will be comfortable using PM software e.g. Basecamp, Microsoft Project, Asana etc.
- A track record of commercial success of programmes deployed.
- Experience having managed a multi-disciplined cross-functional team.
- A deep understanding of project management and the KPI’s needed to measure success.
- A strong sense of ‘Team’.
- A curious nature and a willingness to transform and evolve existing business processes.
- Success having worked under tight deadlines.