Closing Date: 1st of April
Salary: Competitive compensation package including share options, subject to experience
At Healx, we’re finding treatments for the 350 million people that are affected by rare diseases. We work with pharma companies, patient groups and charities to understand clinical unmet need and identify potential treatments for further testing. Healx is a fast-growing Cambridge UK startup, combining computational methods and deep pharmacology expertise to identify existing drugs that may treat rare diseases, enabling treatments to be found at a fraction of the time and cost of traditional drug discovery.
We’re looking for a full stack developer to help develop our internal tools and infrastructure to enable integration and analysis of scientific data. You’ll work closely with people from other disciplines across the company who are passionate about making a difference for rare disease patients, allowing you to see the impact of what you build first-hand.
You’ll be joining a team of software developers using practices such as test-driven development, continuous integration, and frequent releases. You should be comfortable with development at all levels of the stack, including the database, backend and frontend. Technology we use includes Python, SQLAlchemy, PostgreSQL, React and TypeScript.
● Developing tools to help our pharmacologists assess and find supporting evidence for treatments predicted by our computational methods
● Importing and reconciling drug and disease data from a number of external sources for use in our computational workflows
● Working with biological data curators on tools to capture information and build understanding of the rare diseases we work on
● Experience in building and maintaining the backend of a web service
● Experience working with relational databases
● An interest in working with scientific data
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on news from Balderton, and our portfolio.