We’re changing the way people enjoy wine, and consequently disrupting one of the oldest industries on the planet. By harnessing the power of technology and social behavior, we’ve created the world’s largest - and smartest - wine community and marketplace. Over the next ten years, the global market for online wine sales is expected to grow significantly and Vivino will be at the forefront of this growth. Now is the time to join a fast paced and growing team.
The FP&A Senior Manager will provide overall leadership of the company's global finance function in partnership with the CFO.This is a rare opportunity to help build a global finance function from the ground up. Working closely with functional leaders across the business, this individual will take the lead in developing financial plans and reporting including decision support to achieve our near and long-term growth objectives.The ideal candidate will have exceptional financial and strategic planning skills, a great attitude, refined communication skills, a proven ability to be resourceful, and will be eager to dive into data.
This position, which will report to the CFO and work side-by-side with our Accounting and Business Intelligence teams, is based in San Francisco and will manage headcount in both Copenhagen, Denmark and Chandigarh, India.This position is based in San Francisco while working with the rest of our organization, including our shared service centers, which is based in over 10 countries and growing! Occasional travel to Copenhagen, Denmark and Chandigarh, India.Given the geographical diversity of our operations, a flexible work schedule will be required.
- Build the foundation for financial reporting including the annual planning process, monthly reforecasts vs budget, quarterly rolling forecasts, long-range planning, and on-going reporting vs. plan
- Support the monthly close process through ownership of core models and templates. Partner with accounting team to ensure entries are booked timely and accurately
- Analyze monthly & quarterly business results, KPIs, trends, and synthesize results / critical business insights to leadership
- Create, manage and automate operational reports and dashboards to monitor the performance of the business
- Manage the cash flow forecasting process and provide ad hoc decision support to the organization including expansion plans into new countries.
- Assist the CFO with updates to our shareholders, the Board, potential investors, M&A and due diligence activities.
- Drive the implementation of key financial planning systems.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance.CPA or MBA strongly preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in accounting or finance with at 5 years in the FP&A role in a high growth environment, e-commerce and/or tech company experience preferred
- Significant experience in driving the preparation of the annual operating plan, preparing budgets, forecasts, sensitivity analysis and running complex financial models
- Proficient with Excel, Netsuite, and BI planning tools
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Ability to understand, evaluate and break down new, novel and complex issues, business models and present them to others in a clear and concise manner
- A detail oriented and diligent mindset with advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible work schedule required from time-to-time (i.e. Start your mornings with phone calls to Europe and end day following a call to the Philippines or India).
TRUSTED BY MILLIONS TO DISCOVER AND BUY THE RIGHT WINE EVERY TIME
Vivino empowers people everywhere to enjoy wine to the fullest. Vivino is the world's largest online wine marketplace and most downloaded wine app, powered by a community of millions. Vivino’s unique wine shopping experience uses community data to suggest personalized wine recommendations, making wine discovery fun, accessible, and effortless for wine drinkers of every level. The Vivino app is available for download on Android and Apple devices.
We are a fast paced, growing team with offices in San Francisco, California and Copenhagen, Denmark. We also have teams around the world including the UK, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Ireland and Hong Kong in addition to shared service centers in the Philippines, India and Portugal.
Our team is passionate about our core purpose - to empower people everywhere to enjoy wine to the fullest. We do that every day by building technology and leveraging data that puts the power back in the hands of the consumer.We do not see wine as a commodity, but as an offering of a cultural experience that was once out of reach for many but is now open to everyone.