Tab helps tourist businesses take bookings and get paid.
We make tools for places like hostels, boutique hotels, dive schools and surf lodges that simplify their lives, help them compete with bigger outfits and make their customers happy! Our goal is to boost local tourism, while helping backpackers and independent travellers make the most of their precious time abroad.
Our experienced team have backgrounds in startups and finance and founded Tab whilst in Y Combinator in 2015.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a principal engineer who wants to join an early stage startup at an exciting point. This will be a versatile role, mixing hands-on software development and team leadership as the company continues to grow.
The ideal candidate will want to work directly with the founders to define their own job and take charge of where their position goes in the future.
You will be a key contributor to:
- architectural planning (inc. security & data)
- product design
- improving development methodology
- future technical recruitment
Ideally, you have over five years of software development experience across a variety of platforms and have worked in a team leadership position before.
What is the company working on?
- Tools for small business owners that really care about what they do, and the travellers they meet
- Cross-platform development, on the web and across a large range of mobile devices
- The next generation of fraud detection, focussing on the specific issues of the travel market
- Reliable systems that have to work all over the world 24/7
- Scaling for expansion!
What will you get?
- A salary of up to £90,000, depending on experience
- Generous stock options in a YC-backed startup
- Annual training budget
- Flexible hours
- Opportunities to travel and meet our customers
- Weekly team social lunch, plus other team events