Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 12M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. Our mission is to empower creative minds by making our platform the place for the most vibrant communities in the world.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 100 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
At Depop we believe that the delivery of machine learning systems should be owned end-to-end by cross-functional teams responsible for product features. This mindset enables us to see research outcomes rapidly adopted by millions of users and allows us to provide a great experience for our users. It does, however, require an extremely versatile skill set to live up to this promise. Therefore we’re looking for a talented ML Engineer to help us to build scalable and robust machine learning systems.
Play a key role in the success of a team by taking ownership of the research, development and operation of machine learning systems. This involves everything from designing, evaluating and scaling up algorithms yourself or by working closely with data scientists to do so. The work includes but is not limited to the fields of recommendations, information retrieval, computer vision and NLP. You will also create your own data pipelines to get the necessary data and design and implement the back-end systems to run your work in production.
- In-depth experience in one of: Recommendation Engines, Information Retrieval, Computer Vision, NLP
- Strong experience in one or more high-level languages (e.g. Scala, Java, Python, Go, etc.)
- Good foundation in building data pipelines
- Experience with continuous integration and testing
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or similar quantitative field
- In-depth experience with Apache Spark
- Knowledge of AWS data platform (Glue, Kinesis, Redshift, Athena, S3)
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure provisioning with a tool such as Terraform
- Published code on GitHub, or participation in an open source project
We have a relaxed and collaborative environment where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team. There are perks of course. We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme , healthy snacks in the kitchen, finish early Fridays, team nights out, yoga, meditation and more. We run regular internal programming meet-ups (with pizza!) and external meet-ups. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.