Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 12M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. Our mission is to empower creative minds by making our platform the place for the most vibrant communities in the world.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 140 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
Right now, we’re on the hunt for a Head of Public Relations to manage and develop our new Public Relations team. Reporting to the CMO, the Head of PR will define and deliver Depop’s global PR strategy, carefully crafting the company’s key messages and ensuring Depop is top of mind for both consumer and business press.
We’re currently helping build one of the most dynamic and well-funded startups in the London tech scene. Having raised $40M over two funding rounds and will an ever increasing user base, we are in a strong position for successful global growth.
- Develop and execute public relations strategies for Depop, including product launches, expansions, and partnerships
- Leverage new and existing media contacts to generate priority media coverage for Depop within Fashion, Creative, Tech, and Business sectors
- Elevate visibility of key executives, creating sought-after thought leaders, including arranging speaking engagements
- Develop and produce high-quality press releases, press kits, award submissions, and other materials
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that product, marketing, and content initiatives are optimized for media coverage; brainstorm new ideas with those teams
- Analyse media coverage; track sentiment and develop responses when needed.
- Proven ability to create and maintain deep relationships with press and editors
- Demonstrated success in securing high-impact placements for clients or companies
- Extensive experience in PR, either in-house (ideally Tech or Fashion startup) or with an agency
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; creative thinker who can contribute to content and brand marketing projects
- Excellent and persuasive communicator; able to articulate key messages clearly and confidently
- Strong interest in fashion, music or general culture is a must
- Existing and relevant media contacts within the US is a plus.
We have stylish offices near Old Street (we were founded in Italy after all) and a relaxed atmosphere where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team. There are perks of course. We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme, healthy snacks in the kitchen, finish early Fridays, team nights out, yoga, meditation and more. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.