Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 12M people in our vibrant community come to buy, sell and discover unique fashion items.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 125 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
Due to our continued growth, we’re looking for a Front End Engineer to help bring the unique Depop experience to new and existing users.
Having a strong web presence is key to the growth of Depop’s service. As an integral member of the team, you will be part of developing a strong base on which to build new features that will have significant impact on the lives of the people that use Depop.
This is a key role in the successful growth of our product towards a leader in community-driven fashion.
The Engineering team have lots of challenging and exciting plans for 2019 to shape the core functionality of our platform.
Collaboration across teams is a key ingredient to the success of Depop. We have an open source culture where you are encouraged to be self sufficient in problem-solving, whether that be by seeking out the right people or having a go at writing the pull request yourself.
As a key member of the web team your responsibilities will include:
- Development of robust, future-proof & scalable products and services
- Ensuring high quality coding standards
- Working in a fast paced, cross functional environment to solve problems and raise the bar within the web team and Depop
- Working in Agile frameworks with a high level of collaboration
- Ideally a minimum 3 years’ Web Development experience in a product-driven business
- Experience developing and managing RESTful API (Node + Express).
- Have good knowledge of writing testable code
Who you are
- You’re passionate about all things web
- You enjoy learning new technologies
- The code you write is clean, reusable and properly tested
- You care about the users and providing the best experience for them
- You enjoy working closely with the Design and UX teams in a collaborative approach
Development at Depop
We want to give our engineers the opportunity to learn and grow at Depop. So if you're keen to gain experience in another language or new area of engineering we can make it happen as part of your career journey with us.
Now we're talking, we have a relaxed and collaborative environment where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team. There are perks of course. We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme , healthy snacks in the kitchen, finish early Fridays, team nights out, yoga, meditation and more. We run regular internal programming meet-ups (with pizza!) and external meet-ups. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.