Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 12M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. Our mission is to empower creative minds by making our platform the place for the most vibrant communities in the world.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 100 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data team on a 6-month contract. In this role, you will help us to build scalable, robust data systems in order to process tens of thousands of requests Depop receives every second. We’re specifically looking for somebody to setup AWS Redshift and build a high-performance integration with our streaming solutions to provide near real-time access to important business data.
We’re currently helping build one of the most dynamic and well-funded startups in the London tech scene.
- Play a key role in the build-out, migration to, and operation of our big data infrastructure using AWS Kinesis/Kafka, Glue, Redshift and Apache Spark
- Build tools to make data accessible to a wider audience in the business
- You are passionate about crafting clean code
- Good foundation in building data pipelines
- Past experience working with AWS RedShift including performance tuning and integration with other systems, such as Kafka or AWS Kinesis
- You think of infrastructure as code
- Strong experience in one or more high-level languages (e.g. Scala, Java, Python, Go, etc.)
- Knowledge of AWS data platform (Glue, Kinesis, Redshift, Athena, S3)
- Experience with Apache Spark
We have a relaxed and collaborative environment where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team. There are perks of course. We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme , healthy snacks in the kitchen, finish early Fridays, team nights out, yoga, meditation and more. We run regular internal programming meet-ups (with pizza!) and external meet-ups. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.