Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 12M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. Our mission is to empower creative minds by making our platform the place for the most vibrant communities in the world.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 140 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
Right now, we're looking for a Community Moderation Executive to join our Moderation team. In this role, you will be responsible for investigating and moderating users and listings to ensure trust and safety on Depop. On a daily basis, you will use a number of tools to identify, assess and action on profiles that pose risks to the business and other users. You will also be involved in projects aimed to improve our processes and/or educating our users on issues related to infringements of Depop rules, fraud and counterfeits.
- Investigate user accounts and gather relevant information from different sources to prevent fraudulent activities and/or infringements to our Terms
- Communicate with our users in a friendly yet confident manner
- Review listings that may contain prohibited items
- Proactively keep up-to-date with anti-fraud and anti-counterfeiting knowledge and trends
What we're looking for:
- Passionate about fighting fraud and have keen interests in topics such as anti-fraud and anti-counterfeiting
- Able to relay and educate users about decisions made by the Moderation team.
- You enjoy gathering evidence and connecting the dots to build a full picture
- You have good attention to details but also able to see the big picture
- You are able to follow established processes and are not afraid of suggesting improvements where needed
- Ideally you have a Degree-level qualification(s)
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Sound judgement, even under pressure
- Ability to mediate fairly whilst keeping your communication on-brand
- Ability to think beyond your day-to-day tasks to help improve internal processes and workflows
- Highly adaptable to change in a growing start-up.
Bonus points for:
- Additional language skills, particularly Italian
- Experience with anti-fraud and/or anti-counterfeiting
- Experience with Zendesk or end user ticketing system.
- Experience working in a startup environment
We have stylish offices near Old Street with a relaxed atmosphere where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team. There are perks of course. We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme, healthy snacks in the kitchen, finish early Fridays, team nights out, yoga, meditation and more. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.