ABOUT THE ROLE
Contentful is on the journey of becoming the standard on how content is integrated and meshed into applications and modern infrastructure. The new technology stack of server-less containers and applications focused on immersive user experiences demands that content becomes an integral part of the technology stack and not a self-standing isolated technological components.
Our Product and Engineering department is built around the concept of agile experimentation, continuous delivery and learning cycles. We believe that culture around agility is fundamental and it needs to be built and maintained, this is why we host workshops with experts like Jeff Patton and Donald Reinertsen where we can learn and reflect on our culture, practices and KPIs.
As VP Product, you lead the product team and are responsible for the product vision and strategy, and makes sure we have a solid understanding of the market landscape. You work closely with our customers and other departments to identify key problems to solve and potential business opportunities. You contribute to a Product culture that shares user insights, learnings and research findings early, often and well.
In close collaboration with the CTO and Directors you will be growing our team and driving improvement in our product practices and delivery processes. You’ll guide strategic departmental choices and ensure we bring value to our customers. You’ll work closely with Senior Management on strategy and organizational changes.
- Lead Contentful's product organization, including product management, design and research
- Shape, evolve, and evangelise the product vision to excite both employees and customers
- Drive the product strategy and own the product roadmap
- Ensure cohesion of product strategy, work together with the Marketing and Sales team on value proposition and go to market
- Develop relationships with key customers and market influencers
- Gather input from across the company, customers and partners, and ensure we are aligned across the full customer journey for our personas
- Establish product KPIs and identify key trade-offs and decisions to be made
- Work with Product Design, Product Management, Engineering, and UX research to prioritize and balance short-term priorities and longer-term strategic needs
- Manage and collaborate with stakeholders in Marketing, Customer Success and Sales to ensure we are aligned across the full customer journey for our personas
- Develop and evolve the practice of product management, including how we plan, how we execute and how we measure success
- Strong track record of shipping products customers love
- Experience with SaaS is a must, SaaS platform a plus
- Already led a sizeable product team (no less than 15 people)
- You had a consistent, excellent product centric career from individual contributor to leadership, you can be looked at as a role model and inspire your team
- Deep experience with web content management, experience management and modern web platforms & technologies
- You have a crisp vision with regard to where trends like AI, martech and GraphQL are leading
- Strong communication skills to a variety of audiences, from technical to non-technical and CxO
- Commitment to attracting diverse candidates and removing unconscious bias in all situations
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!