ABOUT THE TEAM
Contentful’s customers run a wide range of deployments that consume our API. Our microservice architecture needs to be highly available and provide consistent performance, with the challenge of customers generating diverse sets of workloads depending on their own data structure and usage patterns.
The goal of the Infrastructure Reliability team is to provide High Availability, respecting SLAs for performance and uptime, in a context of high volume traffic and sustained growth.
We manage a deep modern stack starting from real time CDN integrations at the outer level to internal layers of HTTP traffic, routing and caching, several services that all together compose our public APIs.
We deploy our infrastructure on the AWS cloud and we also use other several CDN and infrastructure services provider for global real-time content distribution.
- Multiple years of experience in building, scaling and managing highly available production web services
- Solid Linux background
- Ability to quickly dive into new languages, frameworks and APIs
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Stack including load-balancing and caching/CDNs
- You get stuff done. We are looking for someone we can trust to do a good job without much handholding - you should enjoy responsibility
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written (German not required).
- Already maintained non-trivial production deployments in the cloud (especially AWS), preferably using orchestration tools (e.g. Terraform, AWS Cloudformation).
- Familiarity with operations: metrics/statistics, incident management, post mortems etc.
- Experience working with Container Orchestration tools (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration services (TravisCI, CircleCI, Jenkins).
- Deep knowledge of data stores such as PostgreSQL, Redis, S3 and MySQL.
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Chef or puppet)
THE GOOD STUFF
- Work with an experienced engineering management team
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!