Luno is a leading global cryptocurrency company, operating across more than 40 countries, with offices in London, Singapore, Malaysia, Cape Town, Johannesburg and Nigeria. We’re Series B-funded and backed by some of the world’s top tech investors.
Our products and services make it safe and easy to store, buy, use and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system. 🚀
We’re looking for an exceptional Legal Administrator: Contracts and CoSec Services to focus on managing company secretarial services and contract-related tasks within our busy Legal, Risk & Compliance team. You will be based at Luno’s Cape Town office, report directly to the General Counsel and be an integral part of a growing team that supports the business globally.
- Take ownership of corporate and company secretarial issues globally, including building strong relationships with our company secretarial service providers, attending to any requests, foreseeing any issues and ensuring Luno’s ongoing global corporate compliance
- Play a key role in our global expansion efforts by assisting in incorporating entities in priority countries, appointing company secretarial service providers and providing ongoing assistance
- Build good internal working relationships between the legal team and other teams, in particular the Finance team, the executive team and local country teams
- Provide timely and proactive advice in relation to corporate and company secretarial issues and help to provide innovative solutions to any identified issues
- Assist in establishing and managing a contracts management procedure in terms of which agreements across all jurisdictions and business groups are entered into, signed correctly and stored efficiently
- Related ad hoc projects
You’ll enjoy this role if you have:
- Excellent organisation skills, analytical rigour and an ability to bring order to things
- Good communication skills and the ability to work between teams, functions and geographies
- Sound business judgement and a pragmatic approach
- The ability to grasp complex issues which may arise in an untested environment and apply a practical, efficient and business-orientated solution
- A predisposition for taking initiative, taking ownership, and always being two steps ahead
You’ll need to have:
- A tertiary qualification
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role, Legal secretarial experience will be considered
- A company secretarial qualification will be advantageous but is but not essential
What else is in it for you?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at the cutting edge of finance and learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging and developed markets, and scaling a global business. We are growing fast, which creates the opportunity for quick career progression and a high level of responsibility for top performers. You’ll also enjoy awesome perks such as free lunch, an in-house masseuse, cool equipment, global experience and the autonomy to conceive and execute your own projects. Best of all you get to work with a diverse team of talented, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the world.