Want to be part of shaping the future? Our breakthrough ability to unlock insights from the web radically improves intelligence and cyber threat visibility for our commercial customers. We’re a high-energy, fast-paced, and fast-growing company. You’ll need the ability to understand and adapt to rapid product and technology developments, as we improve our products in close partnership with customers. You’ll have the support of a seasoned executive management team and world-class investors.
We are looking for an outstanding Manager for Recorded Future’s backend development team. You will be joining a team of talented developers that share a common interest in distributed systems with rich data and beautiful user interfaces, their scalability and continued development. You will get a chance to manage and drive the team forward to develop a sophisticated, scalable and effective backend engine.
- Staff Management - hiring, people management, carry out development talks and performance reviews, run team meetings, define resources and competence needs, recruitment of employees and external consultants
- Strategic direction and goals - break down business strategy and goals to KPI and goals specific to the backend area, measure and follow up, corrective actions
- Product Delivery - project planning of items related to backend, project management of planned and unplanned tasks, manage the change management process, run project meetings
- Management of incoming questions, requests and bugs
- Communication - external and internal communication, structured, timely, project related status
- Processes - tune / define, document and implement processes
- Budget - own and follow up on backend budget, provide input to overall R&D budget
- Passionate about great backend models and technologies
- Recent experience in managing and leading a team of developers - a minimum of 2 years
- Recent experience in planning and executing development plans and resource allocation
- Previous or current experience in software development
- Technology understanding in areas such as Elastic Search, databases, API:s, micro services etc.
- Ability to understand and discuss high level architecture designs
- A good understanding of system design, data structures and algorithms
- Ability to take initiatives and collaborate across teams