What's the role all about?
We’re looking for a smart, self-starting and customer-centric team member to join our customer success team as we scale across the UK and US
As Cleo grows rapidly towards a million worldwide users, the problems we’re trying to solve get more complex. Budgeting, savings, and long-term money plans all require a customer-centric approach to AI. That’s why we need you!
You'll be the first point of contact for our customers who has a question, problem, feedback or a compliment. Alongside Cleo herself, you’ll represent the company brand, ethos and mission to our growing customer base
Using your deep customer knowledge, you’ll work closely with the development team to help shape the product
Watch this to dive a little deeper
Some of what you’ll get to work on:
- On the frontline, driving customer success: talking directly to our customers on a daily basis to help them use the product, learning where we can be better and rolling out your ideas
- Sharing and applying your deep customer knowledge: you’ll have a hand in feeding into the product and dev teams to constantly improve our product
- Writing and sharing tips on using Cleo: write articles and FAQs to help customers get the most out of their Cleo
What are we looking for?
- Wants to understand the inner workings of a high growth startup and get hands-on experience helping scale
- Has an inquisitive mind, you like to learn new things and challenge the ordinary
- Doesn't just think about 'what you have to do', but the impact of the work, questions it raises and how the things you learn can help Cleo grow as a company
- Is adaptable self-starter - you're always thinking about where you can spend your time to have the most impact
- Is emotionally intelligent - you will understand and deeply engage in what our potential and current employees and customers care about, and be driven to help them
- Has excellent written communication skills and the ability to adapt and rework responses to provide clarity to our users
- Is observant and switched on - you’ll notice patterns, trends and potential issues to feed back to the development team and help shape the product
Skills that are useful but not essential:
- Flexibility to work the occasional weekend, with time off in lieu
- Experience, or an interest, in technology and FinTech
- SQL experience
How long will all this take?
We don't like to hang around so 2 weeks is usually enough time for us to get to know each other. You'll get an idea of what to expect below.
- A quick phone call with us to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- A short exercise to prepare at home
- Onsite interview:
- Talk through your exercise
- Work through an interesting problem together
- Meet some of the leadership team
What do you get for all your hard work?
Cleo is a great place to work:
- A salary of £25-35k plus equity (we like everyone to be bought into what we're doing)
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world. We recently closed a competitive Series A with Balderton who join a formidable investor base including the founders of Skype, Transferwise, Zoopla, Lovefilm, Climate corporation, SongKick and others
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly bright and dedicated individuals every day
- Our mission is unique. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day from our customers’ feedback