The Head of Knowledge Management holds a critical and very transversal role within SOPHiA GENETICS, working closely with Experts, Team Managers, Trainers, and the Marketing department to ensure Knowledge Management within and outside the company.
As part of the Marketing department, you report to the VP Marketing and will manage and advise the training team by providing guidance in terms of strategy, prioritization and quality of trainings for all departments, distributors, partners and clients.
Your main responsibilities are:
Managing the training team:
- Annual strategy and planification of all trainings per field and department
- Determine with VP Marketing a training quality standard to maintain quality level
- Define new training needs with all managers and together with the Marketing team
- Analyze the training success rate to anticipate and propose actions
Updating the actual knowledge base:
- Analyze existing information and assess what can be used or not
Maximizing the use of our knowledge base:
- Challenge the status quo by investigating within our knowledge based on what is relevant and important
- Ask and challenge the experts and managers to ensure added value and maximize benefits
Developing the knowledge management procedures:
- Create and deploy new procedures related to the above
- Adapt the procedures and update the team when necessary
Qualifications and Experience:
- A master’s degree in sciences; PhD will be an advantage
- Bioinformatics, data analysis and/or Life Sciences experience
- First experience in managing a training team
- First experience in Knowledge Management
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in communicating complex scientific principles in simple terms.
- Ability to work in matrix and multicultural environment
- English (the business language) is mandatory.