About The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations is at the heart of our customers’ experience here at THG. We manufacture a wide range of sports nutrition and cosmetic consumer goods that we then despatch to our customers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Manufacturing and Distribution Centres.
This role involves working within the THG Projects Team to manage multiple engineering/civil projects within an extensive project portfolio. You will be responsible for the full project lifecycle using established and best practice Project management Tools & Techniques.
- Deliver and co-ordinate packages of work in accordance with relevant local legislation, THG and site regulations, to ensure inherently safe plant and equipment, proper environmental protection and safety of personnel.
- Support the Project Manager and align with the agreed, clear and well defined scope in advance of any project execution
- Ensure that projects are delivered in line with expectations particularly in terms of budgets, timings and ramp up
- Form strong, professional working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, which may also include varied groups of sub-contractors
- Successfully ensure day to day delivery of projects in relation to the agreed schedule of works and approved budgets
- E2E delivery of smaller scale capital projects, supporting Project Managers in generating the relevant cost estimates and schedules
- Co-ordinate contractors as necessary to deliver agreed scope of works within the project in the most value-added manner available.
- Prepare project documentation as per regulatory requirements to both THG and industry standards
- Provide technical assistance to the THG Engineering departments during early phases of the project to assist in preparation of outline designs and schemes for feasibility studies and project assessment
- Assist in establishing best practice through the introduction of relevant Standards, Specifications, Procedures and Practices
- Collating information from all project update sessions, which can be used within post project LFE sessions
- Ensure all Technical Documentation either created or modified is managed through the relevant THG quality procedures and also aligns with industry standards for document control
- Promote a professional working culture and ethic within the THG Project department
To be considered you will need to have
- A degree in Engineering or manufacturing
- Previous experience within project management and the implementation of projects - Ideally from within FMCG, Foods or Engineering disciplines
- A developing knowledge of the E2E Project Management process in line with an affiliated body such as APM, PMI or PRINCE2
- Incorporated Engineer, or evidence or working towards the relevant professional membership
- Previous experience in cross functional complex and diverse projects
- Good IT Skills - able to operate at high competence level in MS Office suite – particularly PowerPoint, Word & Excel
- Confidence to present and chair weekly meetings, which will also include delivering updates to the relevant Project Managers and the Group Head of Projects
Appreciation of the below would be advantageous: