THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About the Division:
Technology is at the heart of the business, core to the growth and internationalisation of all brands that sit under the THG umbrella. Our platform currently supports 177 international websites, in 47 different languages and 23 payment methods. We have our own warehouses and write our own software to fulfil customer orders. From hosting, all the way through to logistics, we power it all through efficient and scalable technology which has been developed in house! With 600 technologists globally, we are squarely focussed on bigger ideas with innovation, creativity and outside of the box thinking. We look for individuals with a passion for creating robust and cutting edge systems and processes that help our business’ and our clients grow their ecommerce presence.
About the Job:
As an Infrastructure Project Manager, you will help shape and define what we are going to deliver. You will work with various teams in order to collate requirements across various different Tech Teams and across the business. You will further engage with these teams in order to decide the transformation plan and how best to sequence and deliver it. As Project Manager, you will then be responsible for managing the various teams to deliver against the plan.
Other details for the role:
- Be responsible for defining and agreeing requirements scope with stakeholders.
- Engage the project team to formulate transformation plans.
- Take ownership for the project plan and timely delivery against it.
- Manage project scope and change requests.
- Expert communicator at all levels.
- Managing external suppliers and costs.
About the Team:
THG acquired the UK2 Group of companies, which has now been rebranded as Ingenuity Hosting. We have a number of ambitious projects planned well into the future as we continue to expand both organically and through acquisition.
With our global footprint of 29 data centres, on demand infrastructure, flexible APIs and high performance network, THG Ingenuity is ready to provide the ultimate hosting performance supported by 24/7 expertise, all fully integrated regardless of complexity or demand. Our external customers range from mass market, shared hosting customers to premier business customers. Our internal customers are the THG Technology Team who develop and support our in house ERP applications which underpin our many THG Brand websites and warehousing.
You will be an excellent Infrastructure Project Manager with strong communication skills. Ideally, you will have experience in
- Delivering projects within a hosting services provider environment.
- Delivering IT Transformation projects at entire company level, across EUC, Servers, Virtualisation, Networking and Data Centres.
- Managing external suppliers and IT contract termination as THG on board new companies through acquisition.
- Eliciting requirements from a variety of different stakeholders and teams; challenging to ensure value propositions.
- Identifying and reviewing solutions and transformation plans.
- Your excellent communication skills will be fundamental to your skillset.
- You will be able to communicate with Technical Infrastructure Engineers from your strong understanding of Networks and Storage, Linux and Virtualisation, Data Centre, Warehousing and Site Facilities, End User Computing.
- You will be able to look ahead of everyone else to avoid problems and attack the critical path. You will be an excellent problem solver and capable of knocking down walls to get things done.
- 3+ years relevant experience as an Infrastructure Project Manager
- BSc/MSc in Science, IT or Engineering related degree
- Experience of working within a fast paced, hard working, commercial organisation.
- Managing external suppliers