Zego is empowering new enterprise with insurance solutions fit for the 21st century. We are building an insurance platform from scratch, driving innovation in the industry whilst supporting the growth of new mobility and the gig economy. in 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We were also listed in Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London. We will be the largest and best-loved provider of insurance solutions for new enterprise and we want you on board.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Engineering to support our growing engineering team here in London. You're somebody who wants to empower world-class engineers and technical leaders, and provide an environment where people thrive on the challenge. We’re creative, curious and confident in our ability to spark change.
Over the next 12 months:
- You will learn more about insurance than you ever thought you could
- You will work closely with the CTO to ensure our recruitment strategy is sufficient to support business objectives and budgets
- You will streamline our on-boarding process and work with the People department to maintain our excellent retention records
- You will be involved in diversity initiatives both internally and externally to ensure the team represents a wide range of experience, and opinions
- You will support individual engineers by developing career progression tracks and setting personal and professional development goals
- You will provide performance feedback and training to the engineering team, encouraging various levels of technical leadership
We are looking for somebody who is experienced in and dedicated to supporting and nurturing a strong team of outstanding engineers. Experience in the insurance/finance industry is certainly not a must, however a desire to understand how insurance can benefit customers, and empower them to take on more meaningful employment is.
We offer a number of benefits to all our employees. These include:
- Experience of working with founders from VC backed fast-growing startups
- A great office located in Shoreditch right by Old Street Roundabout
- High-end equipment of your choice
- A competitive compensation package including options
- A company sponsored mental health program
- Free breakfast in the office every Friday