Labster Product Internship
Labster, an award-winning virtual online science education platform (see short trailer here
), is looking for a talented intern to join our Product team. We are 100 team members in 6 international locations (Switzerland, Denmark, Boston, London, Ukraine and Bali, Indonesia). A great product is at the core of Labster’s business and international success, and in order to ensure the continuous growth and success, we need a talented intern to join our team in Zurich at Impact Hub Colab.
If you love the feeling of completing impactful tasks and projects, polishing the last levels of detail into key planning documents, sitting in a cockpit of data and helping calculate/expose key metrics and have an interest in technology you will find yourself in one of the most fascinating positions in Labster, with views into business, sales, customers, technology, etc. and you will never run out of relevant operative tasks to accomplish.
You will work directly with the Product Lead (Vice President of Engineering) and receive conceptual guidance for your work. You will be given ownership of multiple administration and operation-related projects that build the foundation of what and how Product makes its decisions and communicates with internal and external stakeholders. Your work will be key in enabling our Product team, subteams and its team leaders to focus on the high impact priorities and projects. Additionally, you can experience and influence a Holacratic role-based organization and develop your skills in global, remote project & task coordination using a rich set of online collaborative tools.
- Maintaining Product KPIs and metrics relevant for enabling the work of other teams
- Independently optimizing and maintaining key product planning documents
- Produce presentations, aggregating data into reports on specific topics
- Monitor costs, forecast spending and team capacity, and have critical deadlines on our collective radar
- Reviewing project documents, summarizing key points and needs for input/actions
- When applicable, you will lead your own project where you can prove yourself as a project manager/entrepreneur
- Optional/Growth Opportunity: Learn to work with Jira/Confluence/Salesforce/etc. to better integrate and automate data flows and reports to drive department efficiency further, reducing manual work where not required or beneficial
- You are a constructive, committed, reliable and positive person ;)
- You are fluent in English
- You love analyzing complex business performance data and summarizing insights in spreadsheets/slides
- You have finished your Gymi or Apprenticeship / are studying at a Uni/FH
- You work independent and are goal oriented
- You are willing to take on responsibility. At times you will have to run the show.
- You enjoy working in an open collaborative atmosphere
- You are interested in data analysis and understanding organizational performance
- You have basic experience in/knowledge of budgeting and project management
- Your study field doesn’t matter as long as you’re passionate about it and willing to learn.
- You like a Friday afterwork beer/drink from time to time
- You are willing to walk the extra mile
- A fun, positive, collaborative and global working environment with 15+ nationalities
- Being part of and influencing a successful, high impact and rapidly growing company
- Work directly with and learn from the founder and VP of Engineering
- Start: As soon as possible (ideally March/April 2019)
- Duration: 6 months (minimum)
- Monthly Salary: 2,000 CHF (may vary depending on hours per week you can work)