Founded in 2013, what started as a mobile vertical farm in an old 1955 Airstream trailer has now grown to a team of 220 infarmers. Just like our plants, our team comes from all corners of the globe: Tel Aviv, Seoul, Paris, Lisbon, and Taipei to name but a few. infarm is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company.
At infarm, we believe not only in growing plants but in growing people. Horticulturalists work next to industrial engineers and biologists collaborate with chefs. Prepare to be challenged to look beyond your field for a possible solution - every team member brings their own point of view and knowledge to the table. We believe this is our greatest asset. At infarm we bring together a passionate group of individuals and unite them under a common cause: feeding the cities of tomorrow.
Be a part of the urban farming (r)evolution: help redefine what it means to eat well, play a role in reshaping the landscape of cities, and re-empower the people to take ownership of their food.
Our customer facing teams drive customer satisfaction to existing customers in addition to acquiring new customers such as retail, restaurants, cantinas and many more. As our high-performance team is growing rapidly, we are looking for a Head of Sales DACH that will guide, lead and manage our decentralized teams to deliver a world-class customer experience to customers and also continue constant growth. We are expanding rapidly and 2019 will see a huge surge in infarm growth across Europe.
- Are you able to lead by example and manage a large team of city Sales Managers?
- Do you have a strong background in Sales and the ability to build teams, actively coach people in the field and think strategically?
- Are you dynamic, strong in multi-tasking and project management and possess excellent German and English communication skills?
- Are you looking for a job in a very dynamic and energizing environment?
About the Position
As the Head of Sales DACH, you will be responsible for delivering the customer promise in DACH with a large sales team. To reach this objective, you will oversee a rapidly growing sales team and spend a lot of time in the field actively coaching the city Sales Managers. Constant improvements (PDCA) are a must to excel in this role.
- Lead and build high-performing sales and customer-facing teams
- Meet your top customers frequently to understand their needs and work with the growing department to launch new products in the field
- Constantly review the results of customer-facing teams from a commercial perspective
- Ensure any customer complaints (ticketing system) are fully investigated and resolved promptly and efficiently
- Lead a cost-efficient, customer-driven execution of the sales strategy to deliver growth and profit targets of the business
- Proactively participate in the performance management process to ensure delivery of your own as well as the wider team’s objectives
- Track team KPI’s and lead performance reviews in weekly city metrics meetings
- Work closely with project managers of the Farming as a Service (FaaS) Team in HQ to ensure new cities are opened on time
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a Retail, Food Service or FMCG environment
- Proven sales management achievements in a decentralized organization
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and German
- Financial mind that translates numbers quickly into actions
- Driven to achieve highest possible effectiveness in daily work and constantly improve customer satisfaction
- Strong leadership skills and a role model mindset
- Hands-on with a get-it-done mentality
- Strong problem solving and multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under stress
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup that has developed its own innovative growing systems
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- Autonomy to allow you to succeed
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Lunch provided 3 days per week, prepared by our in-house Chef
- Fresh herbs and salads to take home
- Coffee, tea, musli, fruit and Friday beers!