Founded in 2013, what started as a mobile vertical farm in an old 1955 Airstream trailer has now grown to a team of 220 infarmers. Just like our plants, our team comes from all corners of the globe: Tel Aviv, Seoul, Paris, Lisbon, and Taipei to name but a few. infarm is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company.
At infarm, we believe not only in growing plants but in growing people. Horticulturalists work next to industrial engineers and biologists collaborate with chefs. Prepare to be challenged to look beyond your field for a possible solution - every team member brings their own point of view and knowledge to the table. We believe this is our greatest asset. At infarm we bring together a passionate group of individuals and unite them under a common cause: feeding the cities of tomorrow.
Be a part of the urban farming (r)evolution: help redefine what it means to eat well, play a role in reshaping the landscape of cities, and re-empower the people to take ownership of their food.
infarm is looking for a Head of People to lead and build on an already established Human Resource function. You will develop, manage and deliver an outstanding end to end employee experience, leading our existing People Team of three in Berlin.
- Lead and develop the HR Team that supports the employee experience in Europe (currently Germany, Switzerland and France). This will include accountability for, at a minimum, HR administration/payroll, employee relations, onboarding, learning and development and recruiting
- Act as a key contributor to the infarm Management Team and play a significant role in the development of our overall People Team strategy
- Build strong relationships with our team members across recruiting, benefits, health, safety and well-being and drive the culture of one People Team and one ‘infarm family’
- Establish recruiting and employer branding strategies to meet expansion requirements and attract the best talent
- Develop people processes according to the growing needs of our rapid expansion plans, focusing heavily on simplicity and delivery at pace
- Bring a vision and drive to elevate our approach and support towards development and learning activities
- Ensure employee retention by identifying and implementing initiatives in order to build strong relationships with our Infarmers
- Anything missing that you believe is essential for a successful company? We are open to your ideas!
- Degree in either Business, Law, Psychology, or Economics
- International Human Resources experience
- Experience as a leader, strategic HR partner and coach to the senior management, ideally within a growing business of 200+ employees
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment without clear-cut processes and even better, able to create lean, agile and innovative processes yourself
- Practical knowledge and proven experience in establishing office branches in new markets
- Strong strategic mindset and business acumen partnered with attention to the human element
- Understanding of how effective culture and employee growth initiatives work
- Proven experience and a passion for building and developing teams
- Strong communication skills in English and German
What We Offer
- Be a part of the urban farming (r)evolution and help us to shape the world of tomorrow
- Join us in an exciting growth phase
- Lead a dedicated People Team that can’t wait to start working with you!
- Autonomy to allow you to succeed
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Lunch provided 3 days per week, prepared by our in-house Chef
- Fresh herbs and salads to take home
- Coffee, tea, musli, fruit and Friday beers!